Friday, January 17, 2014

Sarita Fun

 Had some fun playing with the Sarita Paper Pack at my workshop last week.


For this birthday card, I used the Cricut Artbooking Cartridge to make the cuts. All the cuts are done using the "happy" button which is described on page 86 of the Artbooking booklet. The stack of presents was cut at 8 inches. This card is a standard 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card. But the Artbooking cartridge is set up to adjust to a scrapbook page. When I put in the size at 8 inches, the machine adjusted the stack to look right on an 8 inch scrapbook page.  So, I put in the Sarita paper. Set it at 8 inches, pressed "icon" and "happy," and cut. Do not remove the paper. Leaving the mat right there were the cut was made, I pressed the "flip" button. Size is the same at 8 inches. Then I pressed "icon," "shift," "happy," and cut. Since the Sarita paper is two sided, I was able to cut the stack of presents with one side of the paper and the layering on the presents with the other side. Pressing the flip button made things quicker and I knew it would match perfectly. 

The "birthday" is cut on Lagoon paper at 1 inch. But this time I pressed "REAL SIZE DIAL" on my Cricut. If I didn't, the machine would think I was making a tiny, little book and birthday would come out minuscule. 

After the cuts, I just quickly put the card together. I used colonial white value pack cards as a base and pieces of colonial white and outdoor denim as well as the Sarita orange. All of which come in the Sarita Paper Pack. As a final accent, I used a couple blue epoxy bubbles.



This is a quick card. I cut "Hello" in Outdoor Denim paper using the Cricut Artbooking Cartridge. This was cut at 1 inch using the "real size Dial" feature. The small background is Colonial white paper stamped in a second generation of lagoon ink using the Distressed Background stamp. Second generation stamping is when the stamp is inked and stamped on scratch paper before stamping on the cardstock. This technique gives it a softer look. The print in the back is Sarita. I added a little bakers twine and popped up the hello with a little 3-D foam



The edges of this card are sanded all the way around. I use a sanding block with a piece of chipboard under the paper to give it a little stability while I am sanding. The stamp is from the Casual Expressions set. The wood piece is from the Sarita Assortment. The wood pieces are not backed with an adhesive. Best to use something strong such as liquid glass to adhere the wood.  



Always find ways to use the scraps from your used paper. I cut a few hexagons out of scraps for this card. The edges are inked with Outdoor Denim ink which I think gives it a more finished look. The orange strip on the bottom is a piece of that extra strip that is cut from the 12x12 sheet when it comes out of the package (I always find something to do with those). And the last strip is washi tape! Love washi tape. It is so easy and so economical to use.  The stamp set is For A Friend.


Lastly, I have a gift box. This was cut with the Artiste Cartridge. This box was cut at 4 inches but will use an entire 12x12 piece of outdoor denim cardstock. This box is found on the "7" key which is described on page 37 of the Artiste booklet. 


The Sarita paper pack is a fun pack to play with. This pack is not one being discontinued at the end of the month, but will carry over into the next Idea Book. I am looking forward to playing with it a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment