Thursday, January 23, 2014

Valentines

Ready for Valentine's Day? I held a Valentine workshop yesterday. Here are the projects from it.


The scalloped edge of this card is my favorite card on the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge. I use it a lot. I used to by the Daisy White cut cards with this same cut. Now, with the Cricut, I can cut out the card in any color I want. Black, in this case. It gives the card a nice, elegant look. 

On top, I used the For Always Textiles. I wrap the fabric in a piece of card stock, using liquid glass to adhere it to the back of the paper. Then I put the fabric piece on the card base. The cranberry red heart was cut with the Artiste cartridge and stamped with the Love stamp. 


I like to add a strip of color at the bottom so it can be seen when the card is closed. 


These little heart flowers, cut with the Artbooking cartridge, just made me happy. I added a sentiment from the 4 My Friend stamp set (which is being retired at the end of the month) and an accent of silver shimmer tape


The design for this card was stolen from the Cloud Nine instructions. The stamp is exclusive to the Cloud Nine pack, available only this month as a special. I used blush, cranberry and daisy white paper. The Gold Dot Washi tape can be found in the Cloud Nine kit and will be available as a separate purchase beginning February 1. And let's not forget that red shimmer tape. Yes, I do use a lot of shimmer tape!


This is a very simple card. I wanted something out of the red tones so I used the Laughing Lola paper pack. The stamp is the same one from the Cloud Nine kit.


Our 3-D project for this workshop was this little treat bag. It is cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge at 5 1/2 inches. The stamp is from the Art Philosophy collection. The paper is Daisy White and stamped randomly with the Swirls Around stamp in cranberry and gypsy.  Then- surprise, surprise-- I added some shimmer trim.

Just a few projects to get you started on your valentines. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment