Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mini Album with My Girl Scouts

Last weekend part of my Girl Scout troop was over for a sleepover. We had a great time. I have been a Leader for almost 20 years. In all that time, I think sleepovers have been the favorite event for all the different groups that I have led. A lot of food, movies, crafts, a little bit of work, and a whole lot of laughter. It is the perfect activity for teen age girls.

The girls are working on the Mission Sisterhood Journey which is one of the awards for Girl Scout Seniors. The girl leading this section of the book suggested that we make friendship albums and asked me to teach an album class. Well, I got out a ton of paper, the Cricut, stamps, inks, embellishments. They were shocked at how much I had. Every time one would wonder if something would be good on her page, I pulled it out and said try this. Our short activity ended up being three hours long. I was amazed at how beautiful the albums were. One of the girls did calligraphy in hers. WOW!

Here are a few pictures of my daughter's book. She isn't finished but it is a very nice start.


She cut the Frosted paper on the cricut using the Artbooking cartridge. We used 6x6 kraft cards as covers and then made the pages 5x5. The album is bound using binder rings (or book rings) that are found at any office supply store. By the way, these 6x6 kraft cards are on while supplies last for just $2 for a set of 6. ORDER NOW!


All the pictures are wallet sized so they fit easily in the mini album.



Cait loves the blues of this paper pack so it worked out really well. I think her favorite color to craft with is Twilight. She is always asking for that. 

I do love mini albums and am so happy to have taught a new generation this fun craft. In a couple of weeks I will be teaching other Girl Scout Leaders how to make mini albums with their girls. I will be taking this one with me as an example. 

Have fun with paper today!

No comments:

Post a Comment