Monday, January 27, 2014

Crazy For Cards

We had a lot of fun at the Crazy For Cards event on Saturday. 65 guests went around to the 15 stations and created 15 cards. Mostly the cards were made from new products that will be available on February 1.  For the next few days, I will be posting the different cards.



This paper I think is my favorite of the new sets. Skylark. It is a beautiful pattern. I cut the "happy" and "birthday" using the Artbooking cricut cartridge from lagoon paper. The cake is from the new Belated Birthday stamp set.


We have a gate card. The base is Kraft paper 8 1/2 by 5 1/2. I scored the folds at 2 1/8 inches on each side. The blue paper is the new Balloon Ride paper. Just lovely!


The Mother's Day Stamp set has a great set of sentiments. Here we have "Happy Mother's Day." But there is also the phrases: "Sooner or later, we all quote our mother," "Mothers, They are just like Dads only smarter," and "Home is where Mother is."

The swirls and the flower is cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. I love the pattern the flowers left on the cricut mat. I just had to take a photo of it:



My final card was a spin card using the Jubilee paper. I love the spin card and am really surprised more people don't use it. It is not a new product. I think crafters just don't see it in the Idea Book. 


This picture shows the spin part a little more. I stamped both side of the spin part with the mini stamp. Such a great card base for a great price. Just 8.95 for a pack of 10 including envelopes!


Lastly, I need to show off my beautiful assistant, my daughter, Caitlyn. She was a great help!

Tomorrow I'll share a few more cards from the event and more new products coming out on February 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment