Monday, May 20, 2013

Scrapbooking Getaway!

I am home from a fabulous weekend away at Scraptacular (http://scraptaculargetaways.com/). What a weekend it was! I have had customers ask me how I can take the time away from my family to spend an entire weekend to myself. Honestly, by taking this time to myself, I end up a better mother. Scrapbooking relaxes me. I come home a much calmer mom, and my kids appreciate me much more. This weekend was my Mother's Day gift from my family. A calm me is a gift from me to them. I whole heartily recommend that everyone take a weekend to themselves. If it isn't paper crafting that calms you, find what does and do it.

Scraptacular runs a fun getaway. There are three different rooms to choose from-- the main scrapping room, the cozy croppers, and the quiet room. The main scrapping room is filled with people, vendors, the scrap squad, music, and games. It is a high energy room. The cozy croppers room is similar to the main room without the games and vendors. The quiet room is just that quiet- limited distractions. I prefer the main scrapping room. I love the games and the music and I am always talking with someone new. The scrap room is open all night long.


Here's the main room at 3 in the morning. I wasn't there. I was in bed asleep but my good friend, Meridith, was still up and was one of the last croppers to bed that night.

I love buttons and many crops give out buttons.


This button was given out to the crop. One more piece of bling for my collection.

Scrapbook U (http://scrapbooku.com/) also offers some great getaways. I am a regular patron of their retreats. The Carmel location is just 5 minutes away from the beach. It is wonderful to hop over the beach and take a walk along the beach in the middle of the day. Scrapbook U's retreats are quieter. Fewer games and less energy. But perfect too. Monica and Veronica make you feel right at home.

What else can you do on a getaway? Have a massage, check out paper crafting vendors, laugh with your friends, have a glass of wine, hide out in your room or next to the pool, and of course, get your craft on!

I worked on a display tray this weekend and am very happy with the results.


I used the CTMH display tray and Avonlea paper to showcase my family photos.  I was inspired to make this after seeing a pin on Pinterest from Lisa Stenz . It was quick and easy to make.

I also worked on my 2013 project 52 binder, completed a mini album, created 8 12x12 pages and 5 cards. My next few blog posts will highlight some of the things that I worked on.

I had a great time playing with my paper and laughing with my friends, but the biggest benefit of the weekend is a calm and relaxed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment