Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Project 52 and a Challenge

Last week I posted a picture of the album I made out of a binder I picked up at Michaels.

Last year, I was working on a Project 365 album. I took a picture each day and scrapbooked it documenting my family's life. Well, I didn't get pictures for all 365 days. I did come close. And I am still working on getting all those pictures and notes into the album. I am very proud of that work even though it was a bit much.

I decided that this year I am going to make a Project 52 album. I am using this binder as my album. I pick one (and only one) picture each week to highlight in the album. I add notes about the picture as well as quick notes about other things that have gone on during the week. I add a lot of basics-- track practice, guitar classes, big project in school due--that sort of thing. I also add the big stuff- celebrations, trips,... This will give me a snapshot of the year. I will do more scrapbooking of things in the year too such as the New Year's Day mini album I posted a few weeks ago and every day pages for my standard 12 x 12 album. But if I don't get everything scrapped, I have this binder to let us know what happened during the year.




I have been able to keep up from week to week since each page is very simple and the kids have enjoyed looking at it as I go along. Although I might have to have an addendum since on almost every page one of them tells me to add something else. I think this is one project that I will complete in the year and not fall behind on.

And now for the CHALLENGE!

Way back when -- I was a new mother then-- so long ago, a paper company celebrated National Scrapbooking Month with a challenge of a doing a page every day for the month. It was called A Page A Day In The Month Of May. I can't remember which company it was but I always remember that campaign. I did do a page a day that month and it carried into the next month. My goal for years was at least 30 pages each month. Currently my goal is 15 pages per month. However, this month I am going to try to do a page a day in the month of May!  And I challenge you all to do the same thing! Who is with me? Let's have fun with paper this month while getting a lot done.

No comments:

Post a Comment