Friday, March 1, 2013

Tri Fold Card

I am a bit late posting my latest project. This week I have been volunteering for my local elementary school at the library book fair. Plus with all the other volunteer work I do and of course taking care of my family, my  week had disappeared. It is all worth it. I love getting books into the hands of children.


I had a lot of fun teaching a group how to make a tri-fold card last weekend. If you haven't made one, you really should give it a try.


Getting the cuts and folds right seems intimidating but it really isn't. Here is my make shift guide.

Paper is cut at 5 1/2 x 12.  Then the paper is scored at 2 in, 4 in, 8 in, and 10 in. Now the tricky part. The paper is cut in the middle of the paper. Move your blade to the 2 inch mark 1 1/2 inch from the top of the paper. Cut from the 2 inch mark to the 10 inch mark. Turn the paper around and do it again.  Now there are 2 large cuts in the middle of the paper and 4 scored lines.

Next, the paper needs to be folded. A mountain fold goes up and the valley fold is down.


Here's the view from the top.

After the paper is cut and folded, the card is very simple to put together.


For the base, I used cocoa paper. The rest of the paper is from the Buzz and Bumble paper pack. The stamp set is from the Buzz and Bumble Workshop on the Go Scrapbook Kit. I used sunset and cocoa inks. The flower is popped up on 3-D foam tape with a few bitty sparkles at the center.

I hope you will give this technique a try and have fun with paper today!

No comments:

Post a Comment