Monday, March 25, 2013

Step Card

I had a great time working with crafters at my Crazy for Cards event on Saturday. One of my cards was a step card. Many were interested in the directions and were surprised at how easy it is to make this fun card. 


 


I started with a 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 card-- straight out of our value pack (item # X1410).  Using the trimmer, I cut a slit in the card 3 1/2 inches in at 1 inch all the way to 6 1/4 inches. The diagram above will hopefully help this make a bit more sense. 


Next, I scored the fold lines at 1, 2, 3 1/4, 4 1/4, and 6 1/4. The 4 1/4 line goes all the way across (but if you are using a card base from a card pack that will already be scored).

Now the folds:













At the 1 inch is mountain fold, then a valley and so on.

The steps are shown in the photos. 

Now we are ready to decorate the card. 


I used cranberry, outdoor denim, desert sand and Tommy papers on this card. Notice that the size of the  papers do not match the card base. I found the card needed a little more color and increased the size of the paper. 


The stamp set from the Chantilly Card Workshop on the Go Kit  (G1061) was perfect for this card. I have already used all the paper from that kit and have been using this stamp set on many cards since I just love that cake. 

I inked all the edges of the papers with desert sand ink and stamped the cake and sentiment in outdoor denim ink.


 For the final touches, I added a dot of stardust glitz (Z1313) for the flame and a birthday candle. 

There you have it. A fun card that is very easy to put together once you understand how to cut and score it. Try it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment