Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Make a Mini Album

I was at Scrapbook U Creates Carmel Retreat over the weekend. It was a great event. Monica and Veronica put on a very nice crop. I spent a couple hours working with croppers on this make and take-- a mini album using just 1 sheet of paper and a little scraps.




This is an easy little album to make and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun doing it.

Start with a 12x12 two sided piece of cardstock.  I used Buzz and Bumble.


Using a paper trimmer, cut off 4x4 squares from each corner.


Cut the 4x4 squares down to 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares.


Take a coordinated paper and cut two 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares. I used colonial white paper.  Ink the edges of all papers. Decorate one of the colonial white squares as the cover.


I used the stamp set in the Buzz and Bumble Workshop on the Go Scrapbook kit. The small flowers are stamped using sunset ink. The sentiment is in cocoa ink. I used a scrap of sunset paper to make the flower. I stamped in and cut it out, adding a little bling to the center.

Attach all the squares.



Add pictures and a note, fold up the edges, and tie with a string. I used the bakers twine hemp which is currently my favorite string.


That's all there is to it.  I will be doing this make and take again at Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton this weekend. Come by the Close To My Heart booth and say hello.

Give this project a try and have some fun with paper today!

No comments:

Post a Comment