Friday, October 19, 2012

Christmas Card Workshop Coming Soon

Ready to start making your Christmas cards? If you do a lot, like me, it's best to make them in November. Early December, you then are able to write your notes and mail them out, having more time for holiday fun.

With that in mind, I am starting Christmas card workshops just next week. I have one on October 28 and one on November 9. I'll be happy to bring the workshop to you if you would like to host a day for you and your friends. During the workshop, we will be making 15 cards- 3 each of 5 designs.

I have had a lot of fun playing with my paper, trying to decide which designs to use in the workshop. Close To My Heart offers so many holiday stamp sets and I love the Pear and Partridge paper pack. Plus using the Cricut allows for even more options. Time to get my fingers inky and figure out what I want to do.

Here is a card that I made as part of the Heart 2 Heart Challenge:


The base is a 6x6 kraft die cut card which gives you a different look to the card. When the card is opened, there is a large area for my family picture and Christmas letter. It was a quick card to make, thanks to the Artiste Cricut cartridge. The only disadvantage of sending this card out is that I will need extra postage since it is a square card. It is 65 cents to mail a square envelope. But since that is the only disadvantage, I have decided that this card is a yes for the workshop and probably a yes for my family cards.

Supplies:
Kraft Die Cut Cards (Z1474)
Pear and Partridge Paper Pack- using green print, cashmere, and cranberry (X7162B)
Merry and Bright Stamp Set (C1510)
Cranberry Ink (Z2116)
Red Sparkles (Z1326)
Cricut Artiste Collection (Z1790)

Have fun playing with paper today!

2 comments:

  1. i like the simple lines and punch of colour on your card! This one would be (relatively) easy to mass-create for your holiday cards. Thanks for joining the crew at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating this week at H2H Challenge...this looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete