Friday, October 5, 2012

Studio J- Digital Scrapbooking


I really like my paper and ink. I love the feeling of the paper and embellishments. I love ink on my fingers as a reminder of how much fun I had. I guess I am really a kindergartner at heart-- I like my arts and crafts.

But I have found recently that sometimes doing digital scrapbooking is a lot of fun too. My daughter earned her Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest award a Girl Scout can earn. For her celebration, I wanted to have an album of her Girl Scout years-- all 12 of them. I started pulling out pages of Girl Scout days from my scrapbooks and realized just how many pages I have. Plus I have so many pictures that I haven't put into scrapbooks yet.  With everything I needed to do for her ceremony, there was no way to break the pages down into one album and complete more pages for the missed years. I decided to try Studio J, Close To My Heart's digital scrapbooking site. What a life saver! Within a half an hour I had four layouts completed.

I decided to do the whole album digitally. I had a two page layout for each level, plus a layout for her camp, her trip to the UK, and a couple layouts on her big awards. All in all, the book ended up 26 pages. Many of the early photos I needed to scan since they were taken while I was still working in film. I think I spent four hours total on the album, including the scanning time! It turned out beautiful! My daughter didn't see the book until the ceremony so I was so excited to see her face when she looked at it. Wow! Was she happy!

If you haven't worked with digital scrapbooking, give it a try. Click here to go to Studio J or just click on the Studio J box on the right hand side of this site. During the month of October, if you purchase nine layouts, the tenth one is free. It's a great time to try out Studio J.

I really don't think everyone should give up their paper and adhesive. There is no way I ever will. But I do think that sometimes the pages need to be done. That's when we need digital scrapbooking. We can be creative on the computer and get it done quick.
Give it a try and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment