Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkins!

I love pumpkins! I love fall colors! So I was very excited to be in charge of the Thanksgiving projects for last weekend's Holiday Extravaganza.


The So Grateful stamp set is perfect for Thanksgiving. I used it in two projects. The first one, I did a similar card as Close To My Heart put on the website shown above.




The pumpkin is stamped twice. I stamped the solid pumpkin in autumn terracotta on the 3x3 piece of bamboo paper. Then without re-inking. I stamped it again on another piece of bamboo. I then stamped the pumpkin with words in the same ink. The pumpkin (with words) is cut out and placed on top of the solid, darker pumpkin with 3-D foam tape to give it a raised look. The leaf and swirls were stamped in New England Ivy on the solid pumpkin piece.

Supplies:
So Grateful stamp set (B1395)
Papers: Flirty, New England Ivy, and Bamboo
Natural Hemp (Z280)
Antique Copper Designer Brads (Z1410)





 My second project using the So Grateful stamp set was a box. I cut out the pieces of the box using the Cricut Artiste Cartridge. The 1 inch size makes a very nice size box. The box is found on the Mother's Day button on the Artiste Cartridge. It is very simple to cut out and put together. When making these 3-D objects, I always fold on the scored edges first. Then I ink up the edges. I usually like to decorate it before I glue the sides together. But with the box, I needed to put the box together to see which side is the top before adding the decoration.

The top is decorated using a piece of Flirty paper cut to match the top of the box. This was cut at 2 1/4 inch with the real size button pushed. If the real size is not on, the piece will be huge.

The pumpkin is stamped in the same manner as the card above. Stamp the solid pumpkin on a piece of scratch paper first. Then, without re-inking, stamp the pumpkin on a piece of Colonial White paper. Next stamp on the words. The stem and leaf are stamped with Olive ink. I kept the stem attached to the pumpkin but the leaf was cut out separately.

Supplies:
Papers: Flirty, Saddle, Olive, Colonial White
So Grateful Stamp Set (B1395)
Burlap Ribbon (Z1760)
Chocolate Waxy Flax (Z1088)

It is amazing how easy boxes like these can be to make. If you have the Cricut Artiste, you can use any supplies on hand to quickly make a small gift box or bag and not go out to the store and spend $10 on one. Give it a try. Make a box or two and see how you like it.  You will be amazed with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment