Sunday, August 12, 2012

Workshops, Getaways, and more!

I had a great time meeting people at Scrapbook Expo this weekend.  So many new faces. I can't possibly remember everyone so I hope I took some good notes. If you had a question and I don't get back to you in a few days, I lost the note.  PLEASE, contact me again.

I spoke to a lot of people about workshops. Here is a list of my current workshops, hopefully clarifying what is happening:

This Thursday, August 16 at 7:00, I am holding a card workshop featuring the Avonlea paper pack. I have 4 projects planned. Cost is $10. You must register by August 13. I will have all the supplies ready for you, including the paper cut. If you have a favorite adhesive, bring it along. I will have some CTMH adhesive available if you aren't married to yours. This class is at my home in Fremont.

On Sunday, August 19 at noon, the Avonlea card workshop will be repeated in Oakland. Register by August 16.



If you are wondering how to use the Cricut machine or wondering which cartridge (Art Philosophy or Artiste) you should buy, then my class on Thursday August 23 is for you. At 7:00, we will get together for a FREE hands on workshop with the cricut machine. I will have two machines running, one with Art Philosophy and one with Artiste. We will make a couple projects and then you will have a chance to just play with the machines. I will only take 6 for this class, so sign up early. (Fremont location)

Want a day time workshop? I had several requests today for a day time workshop. In the past I haven't had a lot of luck getting people to show up for a workshop during the day. But because of the requests, I thought I'd try it out for a few months. Thursday, September 13 from 10-noon, I will host a card workshop featuring the Flirty paper. We will work on 4-5 projects. The cost is $10. Please register by September 10. Without 3 people signed up, I will cancel. (Fremont location)

That evening, I will repeat the workshop at 7:00 for those who can't make it in the morning. 

Next, we need to get ready for the Holidays! I am teaming up with a couple of other consultants for a huge event. We are putting together a Holiday Extravaganza. At this all day event on October 20, you will make at least a dozen projects-- cards, tags, and gifts-- for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. All supplies except adhesive are provided. Plus-- we  serve you lunch! This will be held in Sunnyvale off of the Lawrence Expressway near 101. This is a project making day only, not a shopping opportunity. This location does not allow us to exchange money on site. So, if you want to do more of a project and need materials, you can order after the event. Or you can order beforehand and I can deliver it there. Because of the size of this event, I need you to register with payment by September 22.

To sign up for any of these workshops, please email me at cathryno@gmail.com.

Don't forget that you can host your own workshop. I'll be happy to come to you with supplies for you and your friends to make cards or scrapbook pages. I love holding workshops for people. I love to watch everyone have fun with their craft.

Several of you asked about getaways. Scrapbook U puts on a great getaway. Check out their website at http://www.scrapbooku.com/. I am looking forward to the November crop which I will be attending with a few friends. It is a great crop for those who don't want things too loud. Perfect to laugh with friends while doing your crafting.

Scraptacular (http://scraptaculargetaways.com//) is a getaway company with  bigger crops, a lot of games, and a lot of vendors. I attended this one in May and had a great time.

I recommend both companies. It all depends on what you are looking for and what weekend works with your schedule. I did meet with another woman who runs a getaway company in Northern California. I seem to have misplaced her info. But as soon as I can check her out I will pass along the info and let you know what I think. I love going to crops -- working on my pages and talking with people.

Are you planning your own event? Why not invite a massage therapist? Kristie at Clients Kneaded (www.clientskneaded.com) has a wonderful set of hands ready to give your shoulders a massage. I've spoken with her (and had massages from her) at the last 2 Scrapbook Expos and would recommend her for your next event.

Well, the excitement of Scrapbook Expo is over until March. Now, we need to keep up that excitement by using the products we purchased and trying out all the new techniques we learned. I'd love to help. Let's get together and play with paper.




No comments:

Post a Comment