Monday, March 26, 2012

Setting Goals

As I walked around the lake this morning, my mind started wandering to my goals for the week. I was tempted to take out my phone and start going over my list, but I kept walking, knowing that I needed to keep on task. Besides working on my goal to walk four times per week, my walk around the lake gave me time to clear my head and clarify what I need to accomplish this week. I stopped at Starbucks on my way home, pulled out my phone, and added my notes while I sipped my mocha.

I use Toodledo (http://www.toodledo.com/) to keep me on task. I have my list of goals and tasks for all aspects of my life including scrapbooking.  It is an easy to use site that syncs with my windows phone. I have noticed that if I ignore my list, I am not as productive.

So, here are my goals for this week:

1.     Print photos and decide on papers, stamps, etc. for Saturday's Club CTMH crop.

2.     Make 10 cards for swap.

3.     Take photos for project 365. I actually need to schedule this or at 9:30 I realize I haven't taken any photos and end up taking one of one of the cats. It is much easier to have it on my list as a reminder, take several during the day, then pick one photo that represents the day for the album.

4.     Schedule another workshop for April. Working my CTMH business is part of my crafting life. My scrapbooking goals and business goals sometimes intermingle. Making sure I have a healthy business gives me an excuse to scrapbook more and gives me the extra money I need to buy all that wonderful paper and ink.

5.     Finish the Yosemite layout that I began on Saturday.

6.     Update journalling document for my project 365.

I have my tasks listed for the week and  I have added on my calendar time to work on them. Now I challenge you to make your crafting goals and schedule it.

Good luck and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment