Sunday, March 9, 2014

Transform Your Stamps


Many of us look at a stamp set and think, I'll never use that. Or I might think of one specific thing to use it with and that's it. But if we think outside the box, stamp sets can be used over and over again in a variety of ways.

When I saw the Do Your Best stamp set, featured in this video, I saw Cub Scouts.


We are a Scouting family. I have been a  Girl Scout Leader for 20 years (starting as a leader before having children). My kids attended their first Girl Scout meeting as an infant. My daughter has earned the Girl Scout Gold Award. My boys are Boy Scouts, one is currently working on his Eagle project. So, when I saw this stamp, I had to buy it. My husband and I were Cub Leaders for 7 years. Those days are behind us, but I still have a few pictures from that time frame to scrap.

Seeing this video has opened my eyes to more possibilities with this stamp set. I have never thought about stamping directly on the photo. To do this, you must use pigment ink. I some pictures from a camping trip last summer that are perfect for this look. I am also going to try making the bear paper.

Now, I must look at other stamps that I thought only had one use. It's time to give them another look. Try something a little different. If I play with my ink and paper, I may come up with my next masterpiece.


No comments:

Post a Comment