Thursday, November 14, 2013

Getting Ready for Christmas

Here are two more projects from last weekend's holiday card workshop.


I love the look of the tri-fold card. I guess it is all the different papers that draw me to it. True- there is no good place for a signature. I have left that space next to the reindeer for the signature. But I know many card makers using this design just write on the back. Despite having little room to write, this card is a winner. People look at it with a wow. Yet, it is an easy card to make; it just doesn't look like it.

The base paper is 12 by 5 1/2. I used ruby card stock. At the 2 inch mark, I cut at 1 1/2 inch to the 10 inch mark. Turn the paper over and do the same thing. 


Next, score the paper at 2 inches, 4, 8, and 10. Then the folding. Basically you need to make sure that your fold are opposite. I think this is the only hard part. Take at look at the above picture to see the folds. 

Now it is time to decorate and embellish your card. You can go simple or elaborate. It is all up to you. This is the card flat on the table.


I used the Sparkle and Shine paper pack and the Santa Claus stamp set. The reindeer and believe are cut from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge



This treat box was cut out of Sparkle and Shine paper using the Artiste Cricut cartridge. The stamp is the Holiday Tags set (a must for all card makers!). I also used some bakers twine and silver shimmer tape.

Be sure to have fun with paper today!

No comments:

Post a Comment