Sunday, August 11, 2013

Another Great Expo!

The Santa Clara Expo is now in the books. I had a great time. A few years back when I started my Close To My Heart business, Expo scared me. I stood in the corner of the booth wondering what I should do. At this Expo, I was so excited to see so many people I knew. I was greeting people, talking about projects, laughing with other vendors. At the end of the day, I was tired-- really tired-- but really happy too. I was wonderful to see all my friends and customers. I enjoy my Close To My Heart business. I get to play with paper and ink and visit with so many friends. Expo is just one part of it.

Our booth had three great make and takes over the two days of Expo.


For my make and take, we made a 4 1/4 square card.  I cut the goldrush paper using the new Artbooking cricut cartridge at 4 1/4 inches. The strips of paper under the overlay is the Sarita paper and I used the All In the Details stamp set. The flower accent is an acrylic flower from the Base and Bling Teal Jewels set.  Other items used are outdoor denim and colonial white paper and cotton candy and lagoon inks. This card was really quite easy to put together. The part that took the longest was cutting the overlay. The Cricut takes a few minutes to cut out such intricate cuts. Make sure that you have a sharp blade and turn your speed down to the slowest setting when cutting something like this. 


This gift tag was Mary Wood's  make and take. She used the Cricut Artiste Cartridge to cut out this tag out of the new Frosted paper pack. The stamp set is the Perfect Fit- holidays and the accent is a small flourish.


Jeanette Matthews made a fun treat card for her make and take. This uses the Pro Player paper pack and the stamp set in the ProPlyer Scrapbooking kit. Jeanette added a treat cup with a pull tab to reach those treats without destroying the card.  This is the card opened. 


Such a fun card. I will be trying this with a card soon.

All in all, Expo was a great success. I wish I had the energy to attend the crop last night but I really just needed to go home, see my kids, and go to bed. Today, I am up and ready to play with paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment