Friday, February 24, 2012

Making Ribbon!

I had some fun playing with a lot of ink today coloring ribbon to match my project. Close To My Heart's new Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon (Z1732, 10 yards for $6.95) is easy to use. I used Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim, and Honey inks to dye the ribbon. I tried using a sponge which worked well but gave me a light shade. For a deep shade a dragged the ribbon directly onto the ink pad.  My fingers ended up much inkier than I usually end up after playing with my inks. But I never mind. I enjoy my inks a lot!



The finished product has a tie-dye look to it. Now, I can make ribbon to match any project I am working on. I will always be able to match my ink.

The card I made is one for my Pemberley Card Workshop. Here are the supplies used:
          Card Stock- outdoor denim, colonial white, pemberley
          Inks- desert sand, outdoor denim, indian corn blue, honey
          Thoughtful Tidings stamp set
          Color ready accents
          Bitty pearls
          Color ready seam binding ribbon
         Colonial white die cut cards and envelopes

Now, I'm ready to try this ribbon on a layout. I am working on a page all about my youngest using the Victory paper. I think I can make some ribbon that looks boyish. Hopefully between all my things to do this weekend I can finish that page up with some fun ribbon too.

Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment