Friday, February 14, 2014

Organizing Your Paper Crafts

I always have the problem of not being able to find that one thing I want to use for a specific project. Sometimes when preparing a class, I know I would like to use a specific stamp or paper, but I just can't find it. Then there are times that I am working on a layout and can't find that perfect piece of paper or embellishment to complete it. I go to a scrapbook shop or order something in my catalog to complete the layout. Some time later I discover I already own that piece and just couldn't find it! Having less supplies would be easier but I wouldn't be happy. I need to find a way to be able to know where things are at any time. If I can just grab what I want quickly, I will be much less stressed and much happier with my paper crafting.

I have been working in my craft room to make it a little more user friendly. This has been a long process and I am no where near done. But I am making progress. Right now I am working with the Close To My Heart organizers to fix my stamps.


The large organizer holds up to 40 stamp sets. I have them divided by themes (Christmas/Winter, Fall, Valentine, Spring, Summer, Alpha, Birthday, Everyday life, Flair, Sentiments, Flowers, Nature, Camping/Scouts, Calendar). Now they are easy to find. The organizer is able to close and keep out the dust. Plus it is clear so when I am looking for a stamp it is easy to see inside. The organizers all stack together perfectly.


The small organizer is just 2 inches tall. But the other dimensions are the same as the large organizer so it can stack. I have this one filled with pigment ink squares using the foam insert designed for that purpose. There is also a foam insert for blocks which will be the next one I buy. I must note that having all 40 colors right in front of me makes me happy. It is just beautiful. I love ink.


The medium organizer is perfect for Picture My Life or Project Life cards. This is my friend's set. She is in the process of putting all of her cards in the medium boxes. The medium organizers fit the cards perfectly. 



This video by Taniesa Vlasak shows how to organize your Project Life cards in a way you will be able to find them. Taniesa has inspired me to use my organizers more efficiently. 




I hope I have inspired you to organize your craft supplies. I'm no where near done organizing my craft room, but I am getting there. Knowing where everything is will help me have a lot more fun with my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment