Sunday, October 27, 2013

Holiday Cards Using Frosted Paper

Here are 2 more cards from my Holiday Card workshop on Friday. Both use the Frosted Paper




I cut Twilight paper 8 1/2 x 4/1/2 (scored at 3 inches) and 7 x 3 (scored at 3 1/2 inches). I cut the Frosted paper 5 1/4 x 4, 2 3/4 x 4, and then 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 twice. The final piece was a 1 inch circle punch in Frosted. I stamped using twilight ink and the stamps from the Frosted card kit. The circle is adhered with 3-D foam tape so the paper can tuck underneath and hold it closed. I finally accented with a few bitty sparkles

It is really easy to put together once you figure out the dimensions. 

I'm thinking about doing something like this for my family Christmas card. I can add a wallet size picture on one inside flap and a quick family update on another. Then have everyone sign right in the middle.  



This is a quick and easy card using Frosted  and Ruby paper. The Noel is cut from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge. The tree is stamped in slate ink using a tree from the Always Grateful set. The card base from the Colonial White Value Pack. Add a little Glitz at the top for the star and we are good to go.

Are you planning on your Christmas cards yet? Or is it still too soon? I plan and plan and yet don't actually make them until the end of November or early December. I seem to like the planning stage more than making them all in bulk. 

Hope you have time to craft today. Be sure to have fun with paper at every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment