Friday, April 26, 2013

Making My Own Album

Well, it has been over a week since I have posted. So sorry about that. Things have been quite hectic and my paper crafting has had to take a back seat. I won't bore you with the details of my pipe bursting and my illness. Just know that things are looking up. I am feeling better- slowly but surely- and my bathroom will soon be back in use. Plus I am headed to a National Scrapbook Day crop with Scrapbook U tomorrow which makes me very happy.





I wanted to share with you my new album. Last year, I worked on a picture a day, creating a 365 day album. Granted I didn't get a picture everyday, but I did come close. And I am not finished putting that album together.  That project was a tough one to keep up on.

So, this year, I decided to have a picture of the week and make a project 52 album. I had ideas of taking a binder that I found at Michaels and adding pictures using many of the papers in the binder.  Well, I didn't like that. I tried different things and realized no-- I need a change.  I have been working on a page per week with one picture and a list of what we did that week. That has been looking really good. But I hated the look of the binder-- which is really funny since I loved it when I bought it last Christmas.  Time to change the look of the binder.


Here's the binder. I decided to cover it with the new For Always fabric.


Liquid Glass is a wonderful adhesive. I holds everything - even ribbons and fabric.


Next I added some of the For Always Paper Pack to the inside...


and the out.


I added a touch of black ribbon I had on hand to cover the line from the white printed paper to the black printed fabric.  Now I am really happy with my binder.


I have the first 10 weeks of the year in the binder and ready to work on more this weekend. I think I need to add some sort of title to the front. But I really like the look right now I hate to make any more changes.

Covering this binder was quick, easy, and fun. Give it a try and have fun with paper today.

No comments:

Post a Comment