Thursday, September 12, 2013

Making a Luminary Using the Artbooking Cartridge


When I saw a sample luminary in the Idea Book, I knew I had to make one. Take a look at page 17 of the Idea Book and see what I mean. Well, I love candles. I love leaves and the whole Fall season. I couldn't wait to try this out.

With Autumn Terracotta paper, I used the Artbooking cartridge. I set the cricut on 5 inches, real size dial. Make sure you set the real size dial! Press "overlay" and the "e" button. This is on page 50 of the Artbooking booklet. Cut out 4. A 12 x 12 sheet is big enough for 6 cuts (just in case you were interested in making multiples).

I then cut out 4 strips of paper, 5 x 1/2 inch and scored it in the middle long ways.  Attaching the pieces together took a little bit of patience and sticky fingers. I used Liquid Glass for a stronger hold. But I ended up with liquid glass all over my fingers as well as my project.

To decorate it, I cut out leaves from the Art Philosophy cartridge and added some jute ribbon at the bottom.

This will be one of the projects we will be making at the Holiday Extravaganza on October 12 in Sunnyvale. There is still time to register. Please contact me at cathryno@gmail.com if you would like more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment